|Sandy Bottom Trail Rides, LLC|
We’d like to invite you to come & ride with us, be it horse, buggy or covered wagon. Come & enjoy the peace & tranquility the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains can provide at Sandy Bottom Trail Rides. Our trails pass through the high country, scenic mountain meadows & wooded areas. The scenery is spectacular, picture taking a must!
Our most popular ride is to the 200year-old Long Pine Gem Mine Cave! Ride with us by horseback or covered wagon the way the pioneers did years ago. Our big “Belgium” horses make quite a show in the wagon! Pack a lunch & bring the camera! We provide the helmets & saddlebags.
All of the scenic rides, as well as cows with their baby calves & goats with their kids, seen in the meadows & along the hillsides, make wonderful pictures. There’s a chance of seeing groups of wild turkeys, or squirrels & rabbits bobbing about, even deer have been seen running through the brush & across the fields. What a sight!
A “Disabled Person” can also ride in the Kubota (similar to a golf cart), along with their group. We can ride approx. 25-30 people at a time on horseback, more if WAGONS are used! “Call for Pricing”! “A PICNIC LUNCH” can be taken on the 3, 4, & All Day rides; or a 1hr. ride, as well as any other rides, can eat lunch, before or after the ride at the Pavilion Shed, if you want to bring one.
“OPEN YEAR-ROUND except Thanksgiving & Christmas day, weather permitting”
* Daily rides of 1, 2, 3 & 4 hrs. @ 10am/12noon/2pm, other times by request, All Day Rides in summer
* EVERYONE RIDES – Disabled; No Age/Weight Limit; kids 6 & under, ½ price, riding w/parent
* We welcome groups “Large or “Small”- reunions/churches/schools/scouts etc.
* We have Gift Certificates (good any time of year w/reservation)
* Let us do your wedding in our beautiful “WEDDING CARRIAGE”
* We can have GROUP lunches catered!
* Private Rides; Special Functions! Can “Package w/Lodging or White Water Rafting”
* * MOVIE – S.B.T.R. owner & Wedding Buggy in the movie“Mandie & the Secret Tunnel”
* * * We’ll “WORK WITH YOU” to help make your trip happen!!
Looking forward to seeing you!
Jackie Ball, Owner/Operator